Here I am at 40 weeks, looking rather similar to 38 weeks, except the baby has definitely dropped further. My due date was this past Sunday, the 22nd, so now we are just playing the waiting game. I've still only felt a few contractions, and I think those are Braxton Hicks. We- well, especially, me! - are hoping that it happens sooner rather than later. I've finished almost all the projects on my ambitious to do list, even things that I didn't realistically think I'd get to. And, to be perfectly honest, my energy for nesting (and everything else) has dwindled considerably!
So we are trying to do what we can to bring on labor. Lots of old wives' tales about this, but I've been going on good walks the past few days, had spicy Thai food for dinner last night (with leftovers for lunch and dinner today), Alvaro's been massaging my swollen feet and ankles. Eggplant parmesan and acupuncture might be next on the list. I have an induction scheduled for April 3, so I will not make it to 42 weeks. Thus, the last preggo picture! It's good to know that we have only 10 days left at the most, but 10 days sounds kind of interminable at this point. Let's hope that Baby Gómez gets things started soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment