Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Road trippin'

A few weeks ago, we took our first road trip with Nikhil to Baltimore for the wedding of our dear friends, Delysha and Troy. Delysha and I worked at Columbia University together when we both lived in New York. Though everything went pretty well, we decided that flying is much easier. At this point - ask us again in a few months when he is more mobile, I'm sure we will have a different response!


So far so good - but sadly, not so good once D.C. traffic hit. Ah, you win some, you lose some.


With the beautiful bride the night before the wedding


First hotel = first swim


Testing the waters


Swimming is hard work.


Like father, like son.


Best behavior for the ceremony. (I'm talking about Alvaro, of course.)


Married!


Thanks for wearing my teething cloth, dad.


Silly family


Off I go with Nikhil to put him down.


A babysitter came to watch Nikhil so Alvaro and I could continue to enjoy the reception! It went okay. It was a little more difficult to get him to sleep than usual, and he was actually drowsy but awake when we left. She eventually rocked him to sleep. He was pretty restless until he got his middle-of-the-night feeding - after that, he slept very well. I think he needed the reassurance that mama was there!


Happy to have a babysitter watching Nikhil so we could enjoy the reception!


Meant for each other. (Sorry, Carlos.)


With the beautiful couple


With dad at lunch - we have to laugh at this face he makes when we kiss him!


The drive home was much, much better. Driving through D.C. on Sunday morning was much more reasonable than Friday afternoon - though we *still* hit a bit of traffic. Nikhil fell asleep as soon as we left the hotel and woke up just as we were getting off the highway in Richmond, Virginia for a bit of a break. He ate, we ate, he fell asleep again. We nearly made it home, but he woke up hungry about 25 minutes from Carrboro. Nevertheless, we were all happier on the way home!


Mama and babe at lunch

No comments: